Goal 1: Support the curriculum.
- OBJ 1: Engage with students and faculty at their point of need.
- OBJ 2: Align the Library’s base collections and equipment budget with identified campus needs.
- OBJ 3: Strengthen the integration of library services into the curriculum.
Goal 2: Support research, discovery, and knowledge creation.
- OBJ 1: Develop and continuously improve spaces.
- OBJ 2: Implement, maintain, and promote an institutional repository for the campus community to provide and preserve open access to the scholarly output of the university.
- OBJ 3: Develop and implement plans for the life cycle of digital resources and physical collections.
- OBJ 4: Continuously assess library activities.
- OBJ 5: Support faculty and student research.
Goal 3: Engage the Community
- OBJ 1: Develop and promote library programs and resources that respond to the needs of the greater Charlotte community.
- OBJ 2: Acquire, create, preserve, and provide access to resources documenting the history of the Greater Charlotte Region.
Goal 4: Promulgate guidelines and procedures for the handling of University records.
- OBJ 1: Effectively and efficiently manage records in the care of University Archives.
- OBJ 2: Increase university-wide awareness of the Library’s role in providing records management services.
Goal 5: Recognize, support, and promote professional development and inclusivity among faculty and staff.
- OBJ 1: Develop a plan for the recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty and staff.
- OBJ 2: Offer training for faculty and staff that increases diversity, equity, and inclusion knowledge and cultural competencies.
- OBJ 3: Develop internal pipeline to educate, mentor, and encourage future library professionals.
Full PDF of 2018 - 2019 Strategic Plan available here.
5-year Strategic Plan available here.